Click "Next" by the photo of Dr. Conley below, to view additional photos of our inn.
The Quill and Quilt is here for you to enjoy as your home away from home - and we look forward to your stay with us!!
We are located on a quiet residential street, near the center of town. The Cannon Valley Trail can be easily accessed from the property. The Cannon River Winery is a block away, across the Mill Street Bridge, which goes over The Cannon Falls. The center of Cannon Falls is two to three blocks away where there are restaurants and a variety of shops and services.
* There is a system of walking trails connecting city trails with The Cannon Valley Trail, these wander past The Cannon Falls, a swan pond and along the Cannon River.
* The Cannon Valley Trail is paved all the way to Red Wing (MN), and is groomed for cross country skiing in the winter.
* The Cannon River Winery is a popular destination, tastings of their award winning wines are offered, and live music is provided on weekends.
* Cannon Falls Canoe & Bike Rental is nearby where quality canoes, kayaks and bicycles are available 7 days a week from May through October.
* Frog Creek Pottery (just outside of town) provides pottery instruction opportunities, and unique pottery art and functional items for purchase & viewing.
* In house massage services in the private studio here at The Quill and Quilt are offered by advance appointment.
* We utilize sustainable, locally produced, and organic products as much as possible. This includes roughly 60% of all breakfast ingredients, and 80% of guest supplies in the guest rooms.
* Our electricity is 100% wind produced.
* All natural, plant based cleaning products are used for cleaning, laundry and some other supplies.
* Filtered water is always available and we avoid use of plastic containers, recycling any that are used.
* You can read all about our green policy here: Green Policy
The house itself was built in 1897 and much of its original beauty has been preserved. Further, we have done our best to preserve the spirit of its Colonial Revival architectural style. The home was originally owned by Dr. A.T. Conley and his wife Luella Conley, and remained in the Conley family for over 40 years. There are photos and informational resources on the Conley Family, the house, and Cannon Falls throughout the common areas on first floor. More information on Cannon Falls history is available at the Cannon Falls Museum which is four blocks from The Quill and Quilt.
Safety & Convenience
This home has modern electrical service & wiring; a fire detection & alarm system; smoke and carbon dioxide detection, and is certified each year. We have modernized the plumbing and fixtures. There are whirlpools, showers, Wall mounted LCD televisions with DVD, coffee makers, and hairdryers in all guest rooms. And Wi-Fi is available throughout.
Breakfast is both hearty & fresh, and made using about 70% locally produced ingredients. We strive to serve you a variety of tasty and creative menu items, inspired by the traditional breakfast table. The result is a seasonally rotated menu that includes creations based on fluffy baked egg dishes, seasonal fruit, breakfast meats, and homemade pastries – always served up with plenty of fresh ground coffee! Please be aware that we do serve full breakfast in the dining room at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday & Sunday mornings*. We do not serve breakfast in the guest rooms. On days we serve breakfast in the dining room, we can provide a continental basket outside of your room instead of having breakfast in the dining room at about 9:00 a.m.
On weekdays our complete gourmet breakfast is served to our guests in their room at 9:30 am. Depending on daily occupancy, breakfast may also be served in the main dining room. Guests will be asked which option is preferred upon check-in.
*The option to have breakfast at The Old Market Deli or The Cannon Valley Coffee House instead, is available on days we serve breakfast - if you let us know at check-in.
Other Important Information
There are no open flames allowed on the property, and no smoking is allowed. We are allergy aware. There are no pets of any kind that live on the premises, or permitted in the house. We use unscented, natural products for all laundry, dishes and general cleaning. Our pillows do not contain feathers.
* The Quill & Quilt holds a 3-diamond AAA rating.
* All guest rooms are air-conditioned at the Quill & Quilt